Sunday 18 November 2007

Help is at hand for celiacs wih enzymes

Help is at hand again for Coeliac sufferers.
This news was published in 2006, from an original article i found here.

Using this handy enzyme, Gluten is destroyed before it can get to the small intestine therefore causing minimal damage, if by chance, Gluten is accidentally ingested.
I would use this kind of treatment if I knew I accidentally ate some gluten and wanted to minimize the effects as soon as possible.

Not a cure but a step in the right direction for severe sufferers.

The article suggest that EP-B2 enzyme taken from Barley combined with PEP
(Propyl-endopeptidase) will effectively destroy the little Gluten b's within 10
minutes in the stomach.

This for me however would not be good enough to stop my initial reactions which are quite scary as soon as it hits the stomach.

No comments: